Hygienist for Routine Dental Examinations
Healthy Gums; Do You Need to See a Hygienist?
Healthy gums are essential for the overall health of your teeth – gum disease and tooth decay are extremely common, but yet also easily preventable. More than 80 per cent of cavities occur as a result of food getting trapped between teeth, whilst gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss and also contributes to bad breath. Gum disease has also been linked to serious health issues including heart disease, diabetes and strokes.
Having a good daily dental hygiene routine will ensure minimal build-up of plaque and tartar, but in order to ensure harder-to-reach areas remain decay-free, Vitality offers an expert hygienist service to help prevent cavities, gum disease and gingivitis.
Our expert hygienists and therapists remove plaque and tartar, polish the teeth to buff away stains and can stabilise even severe cases of periodontal disease – hygiene, oral health and prevention are our priorities.
The benefits of a hygiene appointment:
- Gentle but thorough hygiene treatments
- Inflammation, plaque and tartar buildup and bleeding detected
- Teeth polished and de-scaled using state-of-the-art dental equipment
- Personal care programme initiated and expert advice offered
- Best practice brushing and flossing techniques demonstrated
- Dietary advice for healthy teeth offered
- Fresher breath and restored confidence
How to make a hygienist appointment
We recommend visiting your hygienist on a regular basis. To book an appointment or for more information on Vitality’s world-class dental services contact a member of our expert dental team on 01798 872004 or contact us via email here.